Most of these recipes were found via Pintrest. I can't help it. I'm addicted. I've tried to be sure to post the web address of each recipe to give credit where credit is due.

I have made each one of these dishes at least once. If it makes the blog, that means our family liked the dish, and someday I'll make it again.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Old School Peanut Butter Bars

Trust me.  If you grew up begging for “hot lunch” at the school because the menu listed “peanut butter bars” as the dessert to even the most disgusting main course, this recipe is for you.  These are the real things (disgusting main course not included).  I got this recipe from 2 different school cafeteria workers.  I made some, ate them, and all of the sudden was having flashbacks of 5th grade.  Delicious.

5 1/4 c. powdered sugar
4 1/2 c. peanut butter
2 sticks butter
1 can evaporated milk
3 1/2 c. oatmeal
Cream together powder sugar, peanut butter, butter and milk.  Add oats—blend.  Spread onto a cookie sheet.  Bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Frosting:
1/2 c. butter (melted)
2 lbs. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 T. cocoa (or more…always more….<3 chocoloate!!)
pinch of salt
1/4 c. milk
Mix together well.  Spread on cooled bars.