Most of these recipes were found via Pintrest. I can't help it. I'm addicted. I've tried to be sure to post the web address of each recipe to give credit where credit is due.

I have made each one of these dishes at least once. If it makes the blog, that means our family liked the dish, and someday I'll make it again.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Café Rio Creamy Tomatillo Dressing


(I am not sure where this recipe came from.  It was on a loose piece of paper stuffed tucked nicely into one of my recipe books.  My only guess is that it magically appeared there because I was meant to have it.  I know we shouldn’t drink salad dressing, but after tasting this, who can refuse? Winking smile)

Puree (in a blender):
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 c. (or less) fresh chopped cilantro

Add the following to the puree:
3 fresh tomatillos—peeled and cut into quarters (p.s. tomatillos can be found in the fresh produce section, they kind of look like leaf wrapped green tomatoes. What? I never knew there were such a thing.)
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. sour cream
1 8oz. Cream cheese
1 pkg. dry Ranch Buttermilk Dressing Mix
6 stalks green onions with ends
2 cloves crushed garlic
4 t. sugar
5 cross section slices of a jalapeno pepper

Refrigerate for 1 hour.  Tastes great on burritos, salad (with a little grilled chicken strips on top…yum!), or heck, go ahead, drink it.  It’s that good.