Most of these recipes were found via Pintrest. I can't help it. I'm addicted. I've tried to be sure to post the web address of each recipe to give credit where credit is due.

I have made each one of these dishes at least once. If it makes the blog, that means our family liked the dish, and someday I'll make it again.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup

http://www.mamalovesfood.com/2009/06/baked-potato-soup-slow-cooker-style.html

-5lbs Russet Potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic (you can use whole, crushed, or minced)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 16 oz cream cheese (I used 8oz regular and 8oz lowfat)
- 1 TBS seasoned salt or all-purpose seasoning (I use Aunt Cora's Soulful Seasoning)

Garnishes:
- Crumbled bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions

Directions:
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove and puree the garlic cloves (if you used whole cloves) along with 1/2 to 1/3rd of the soup, and then reintroduce to the remainder in the crock pot.
- Stir in the cream cheese and allow to melt. Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.
- Top with your choice of garnishes & serve!

Yields about 10-12 servings.

POST SCRIPT: I have found since first writing up this recipe, that adding the cream cheese to the 1/3 of soup that you're pureeing helps integrate it better. Both ways taste fantastic, though!